Welcome gorgeous autumn and all the changes you bring. Crisp air as temperatures drop, seasonal vibrant color bursts resulting from the turning of the leaves, fall harvesting of crops intensify and all creatures, large and small, feverishly prepare for winter hibernation.
Fall is big for the fashion industry as well as fashion weeks roll out globally and retailers gear up for the upcoming holiday season. In addition, Spring/Summer Fashion Weeks have made their debuts in New York. London, Milan and Paris. While following the unveiling of designers’ collections, Beau Satchelle keeps a close eye on designer’s choices for handbags collaborations. Needless to say, because of our bespoke background, many styles are rather trendy for tastes. However, we understand that attentiveness to certain trends can be somewhat incorporated into classic leather styles without compromising our design integrity.
With that being said, anyone who adores handbags, are thrilled at an additional Autumn tradition with the approaching observance of National Handbag Day on October 10th. A day created for handbag aficionados to pay homage to the designers, the history and timeline of styles, and the trends of the past, present and future. Although bags and pouches have been traced back thousands of years ago, the modern handbag origin dates back to the 18th century during England’s industrial revolution when railway travel increased and women travelers were introduced to bags, larger and more durable than small pouches, yet lighter than the cases and trunks used to transporting a traveler’s massive wardrobe and essentials..
Handbags speak volumes as statement pieces for the stylish. It has the ability to express one’s fashion sense and individual personality. It is a necessary accessory to complete a look which is globally understood among the sophisticated and style icons.
So if you need some ideas to prepare and celebrate National Handbag day, here’s seven suggestions to show your love!
1. Perhaps consider downsizing your personal collection and donate your gently used bags – Pay it forward. Why not do something altruistic and take some time to find a charity that supports low income women who are returning to the workforce? For example, Dress for Success is a global organization that accepts gently used clothing and accessories for the purpose of giving women a helping hand to build an office wardrobe.
2. Contribute to your local economy and purchase from an up-and-coming handbag designer in your area – support emerging and small handbag artisans.
3. Plan your holiday gifts for your loved ones – a bespoke bag made exclusively for the women in your life is the ultimate luxury possession. Beau Satchelle has the ability to take any of its designed bags and customize it to your preferences and needs.
4. Buy handbag accessories that protect your investment – The sky’s the limit on preserving the interior of your handbags. Every item in your bag should have its own protective case. This accessory list includes pouches, make up bags, writing utensils cases, cell phone and charger cases, business and credit card cases, protective holders for sunglasses and reading glasses, scarves to wrap around the handles and even consider a rain coat for your handbag.
5. Toast the day with a favorite glass of wine and take some time to experience Beau Satchelle’s Pinterest board for our choice of hand-stitched luxury handbags (besides our own, of course). Or share with us your favorite handbag on Instagram!
6. Make that one splurge buy – that one gift to yourself in which you throw caution to the wind and decide it is time to indulge in the ultimate luxury handbag. One that will stand the test of time and draw eyeballs from across the room to your lovely accessory, that makes the statement “look at me!”
7. A new Black Dress to accompany that holiday clutch – That beautiful clutch needs the right black dress accessory to set it off. The holiday colors of red, silver, gold and, of course, black are the usual suspects . Or perhaps, a clutch that show the colors pantone.com have selected as the color for 2022 Veri Peri, a new shade of periwinkle or any of its variations such as lilac or lavender.
Lastly, we personally like to take this day of observance and thank all of our Beau Satchelle supporters for the love and faith you have given us throughout the year. We are gearing up for the holiday season and in the next few weeks will be revealing new one of a kind designs as well as a collection of smaller accessories for the gift giving season. -AJ
How are you planning to observe National Handbag Day? Share with us in the comment section below or on Twitter
Thank you to the photographers.
Alycia Fung – white double handbag
Anne Nygard – brown leather crossbody bag
Stephen Audu – black handbag
Farhad Khodayari – Woman on steps
Kevin Grieve – Woman walking with large leather tote